Victor A. Sahn, Member
Victor Sahn specializes in representing Chapter 11 debtors and creditors’ committees, as well as secured creditors, equity committees and individual unsecured creditors in bankruptcy cases. He has frequently worked with asset purchasers in Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 cases as well as plan proponents in Chapter 11 cases.
Mr. Sahn has been involved in some of the most significant regional and national cases, including Meruelo Maddux Properties, Inc., DS Ventures and Related Entities, Dr. Randy Rosen, R2D2, LLC and Thinkfilm, LLC, County of Orange Chapter 9 proceeding; MCI/Worldcom, Inc.; Williams Communications; ; KMart Corporation; Capitol Metals, Inc.; Baldwin Builders, Inc.; Country Home Bakers, Inc.; Adesta Communications, Inc.; Friedman Bag Company, Inc.; Wareforce Communications, Inc.; Hoffman Brothers Foods; and Beverly Hills Development Corporation and related entities.
Mr. Sahn is a graduate of Syracuse University and the University of San Diego School of Law. While at USD, he served as an extern to the Honorable Herbert Katz, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge for the Southern District of California. Following law school graduation, Mr. Sahn was law clerk to the Honorable Peter M. Elliott, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge for the Central District of California, Santa Ana Division. He is admitted to practice in the State of California and before the U.S. District Courts for the Central and Southern Districts of California as well as the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. Mr. Sahn frequently lectures on bankruptcy topics before local and regional groups.
University of San Diego School of Law (JD, 1979)
Syracuse University (BA, 1976)
Legal Extern, Honorable Herbert Katz, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge, Southern District of California
Law Clerk, Honorable Peter M. Elliott, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge, Central District of California, Santa Ana Division
- R2D2, LLC and Thinkfilm, LLC (Representation of Major Shareholder)
- Bethel Healthcare and Corinthian Sub-Acute and Rehabilitation Center (Creditors Committee)
- Art & Architecture Books of the 21st Century (Creditors Committee)
- Sonya Dakar and Related Cases (Creditors Committee)
- County of Orange (Chapter 9 proceeding) (Orange County Transportation Authority)
- MCI/Worldcom, Inc. (Certain Creditors)
- Williams Communications (Equity Security Holders)
- KMart Corporation (Landlords)
- Capitol Metals, Inc. (Debtor)
- Baldwin Builders, Inc. (General Electric Capital Corporation)
- Country Home Bakers, Inc. (Chairperson of Creditors Committee)
- Adesta Communications, Inc. (Chairperson of Creditors Committee)
- Friedman Bag Company, Inc. (Creditors Committee)
- Wareforce Communications, Inc. (Creditors Committee)
- Hoffman Brothers Foods (Creditors Committee)
- Beverly Hills Development Corporation and related entities (Significant Creditor in Receivership Proceeding)
- Meruelo Maddux Properties (Creditors Committee)
- DS Ventures and Related Entities (Debtor)
- Dr. Randy Rosen (Debtor)
Sports, community service and foremost, family are the passions in Victor's life. Professionally, he represents clients in the most aggressive, and creative way possible.